The digital pre-operative planning of hip currently only works on Apple Macintosh computers running Mac OS X (version 10.8 or later), and requires three distinct elements: OsiriX (6.0 or later), the Planning and templates plugin.
N.B: you 'should always use the latest versions.
1 - DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OSIRIX
Osirix is available in two versions:
To the use of pre-operative planning plugin simply the free version (open source).
2 - DOWNLOAD PLUGIN PLANNING SURGERY
The hip scheduling plugin, also free, can be downloaded at this address upon registration:
Plugin operative planning
Once you downloaded the plugin is installed with a simple double click.
3 - DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE SCHEDULE TEMPLATES
The planning plugin comes without shiny prosthetic (there are only some shiny examples); the Foundation LIVIO SCIUTTO ONLUS, devoting many human and economic resources, has acquired the necessary know-how to convert and adapt to this plug-in digital templates of the various manufacturers, in order to allow the surgeon to perform the digital preoperative planning.
To this end, the Foundation has created this portal from where you can download after registering the template of the main manufacturers of implants, which have joined the project.
- Downloaded from our site then the required planning templates, choosing between the producers and the currently available plant types. (Fig.1)
- Once you click on '' template Download "the website generates, in the download folder of your Macintosh, a folder called 'Templates' Foundation. (Fig.2)
- Inside the folder, just double-click '' Installer "to complete the installation of the plugin required.
- To launch the plugin from within OsiriX bring the menu "Plugins" -> "ROI Tools" -> "Hip Templating". (Fig. 3)
4 - CALIBRATION TEMPLATE PLANNING
The templates are ready for planning and require no additional configuration; nevertheless, if during the planning of a shiny appear completely white background (Fig. 4), you must make a one-time calibration procedure. As you can see, all the shiny template is visible in white, and in this case OsiriX can not make the schedule (if you try to drag the polished the program closes unexpectedly).
- To calibrate the template by simply drawing a rectangle around the prosthesis (do NOT include portions of rulers, scrolls, texts or anything that is not strictly the prosthetic element), while holding the 'cmd' key on the keyboard (Fig. 6) , so as to obtain the calibrated image. (Fig. 5). With this method we inform OsiriX on the contour of the prosthesis; the program will remember this selection on subsequent schedules and will no longer need to do this.
|Fig. 4 - Condizione iniziale
||Fig. 5 - Condizione corretta calibrata
5 - LINKS
Here you will find the instructions on how you run the schedule:
Guide planning template
6 - TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
If you require technical assistance during installation (normally done by remote control software 'TeamViewer') or to get a detailed manual of use, or it likes to remain constantly updated on the development of the templates, or simply want to give you a contribution to the Foundation to support this project, from the support section of this portal you can make a provision aimed at assisting.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org